David Shor sends along a job announcement for Civis Analytics, which he describes as “basically Obama’s Analytics team reconstituted as a company”:
Data Scientists are responsible for providing the fundamental data science that powers our work – including predictive analytics, data mining, experimental design and ad-hoc statistical analysis. As a Data Scientist, you will join our Chicago-based data science team, working closely and collaboratively with analysts and engineers to identify, quantify and solve big, meaningful problems. Data Scientists will have the opportunity to dive deeply into big problems and work in a variety of areas. Civis Analytics has opportunities for applicants who are seasoned professionals, brilliant new comers, and anywhere in between.
· Master’s degree in statistics, machine learning, computer science with heavy quant focus, a related subject, or a Bachelor’s degree and significant work experience
· An ability and eagerness to constantly learn and teach others
· Experience using applied statistics or machine learning in a professional or other intensive problem-solving environment with large, complex datasets
· Expertise in R, STATA, or other statistical packages
· Experience identifying and adapting to imperfect data
· PhD in statistics, computer science, or a related subject
· Expert ability to identify and adapt to imperfect data
· Significant work experience in statistical modeling, machine learning,
· Comfort with programming
I didn’t see anything about “Bayesian” but I suppose that’s implicit . . .
P.S. If a reconstituted Romney Analytics team is hiring, let me know and I’ll post that ad too.